Saturday, February 1, 2003

It's the first day of February and also the Chinese New Year. The Year of the Ram---Happy New Year!

AOL. Your Family-Friendly ISP?
I've used computers since the eighties [big-ass IBM's] and I've been on the internet since 1996 and have had many different ISP's. And as my family became more interested in the internet, I reluctantly switched to AOL in 1999. AOL could successfully run a promo announcing "My First Internet" featuring little Susie slapping the keyboard in her bassinet. Still every time my husband, [one of the most intelligent people I know] checks his email, I'm beckoned several times to bail him out of a jam.

Dickhead Award
Is there a bigger dickhead on tv than Fox News' Bill ["whiter than the first lifeboat off the Titanic" ] O'Reilly? This egomaniac's latest bogus claim on his 'No Spin Zone' O'Reilly Factor Show, is that since George Clooney dissed him on Letterman one night, it caused his movie, Oceans Eleven, to flop. People weren't exactly blazing a path to the theaters, but O'Reilly's fans boycotting the movie didn't cause it to flop. So I'm giving my "Dickhead Award" to you, Bill. It's usually reserved for a particular offense, but your collective offenses earn you this honor and your Warhol wristwatch is sitting on 14:59. And Bill, let me have the last word: Take your leave, fade out, and one day when you're 80, alone in a caftan with a lap full of catnip saying, 'Here kitty, kitty, kitty', I'll be watching and saying, "Spin This".

Haiku For You
Party all night long
Everyone, can kiss my ass
Where's my damn coffee?

Quotes Of The Day with a love theme
You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, she is beautiful because you love her.
~Author Unknown

Just because somebody doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
~Author Unknown

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP