Sunday, February 2, 2003

Good Morning! Feb 2 - Groundhog Day

Been Thinking
I just heard a commercial on television about a Mother's fears of holding her new born baby. And my mind traveled back to the evening my first child was born. I was 21. As the nurse handed me my son for the first time, I recall that I'd never held a baby before. Would I hurt him? What if he started crying and I was unable to comfort him? I finally reached out for him with all the courage I could muster, put him at my breast, and natural instinct took over that very moment. It's a beautiful thing. I guess I am to take something away from this thought. It's just slow in coming.


Introducing "BitterSweets(tm)". The Valentine's Candy for the Rest of Us.

Anti-War Slogans (in an email from my friend, Carol in Marietta, GA)
Some messages that appeared on buttons and signs at Saturday's demonstration in Washington, D.C.:

- These colors don't run the world.
- One nation under surveillance.
- How did our oil get under their sand?
- Who would Jesus bomb?
- Start Drafting SUV Drivers Now.
- Don't blame me, I voted with the majority.
- Buck Fush!
- (On a five year old) More Candy Less War.
- Read between the Pipelines
- How many Lives per Gallon?
- Anything War can do, Peace can do better.
- Oh Say can You Cease?
- Star Spangled Bummer
- Don't Arm a Son of a Bush
- Don't do it George, Dad will still love you.

Quotes For The Day
Romance is dead - it was acquired in a hostile takeover by Hallmark and Disney, homogenized, and sold off piece by piece.
~Anon

Falling in love is so hard on the knees.
~Aerosmith

When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~From the movie 'When Harry Met Sally'

Flashbacks
Wading through the waste stormy winter
And there's not a friend to help you through
Trying to stop the waves behind your eyeballs
Drop your reds drop your greens and blues
~Sweet Virginia (Jagger/Richards)

Remember this show? Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman!..that's how each episode of this satire started.This was the classic soap opera to satirize all soap operas.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP