Friday, November 7, 2003

This Is How We Cut & Paste or What I Did Today When I Should Have Been More Productive

The Great Cosmic Booty Call or Harmonic Convergence?

Clouds album coverHappy Birthday to Joni Mitchell who's celebrating her 60th birthday today. I bought 'Clouds' when it came out in 1969 and began playing Chelsea Morning and Songs To Aging Children, and That Song About The Midway on my guitar for my friends. I haven't played those songs in forever. When I pick up the guitar later, I'll gonna try Songs.... I still remember people at school asking, "Have you heard 'Clouds' yet?" Soon after, we would see her at Woodstock. Next came 'Ladies Of The Canyon'. For Free was very poignant. And the rhythm of Rainy Night House persuaded me to keep writing poetry. I just realized that now. Music memories are sacred. They hold pieces of your very soul.

MTV has given a humanitarian award to Myanmar's pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi because she "is an inspiration to us all". Indeed.

Burying Lester Bangs - we tried, but someone keeps digging him back up.

The Sex Code is yet another signature code, modeled after the Geek Code, and using elements from that, the Whore Code, and the Other Sex Code, which is much smaller than this but was there first. [via: stare}

A thing of beauty is a joy until sunrise. After that, you may find yourself in 'coyote, chew-your-arm-off mode'.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP