Wednesday, January 22, 2003

We have a blanket of snow this morning. Only 1-2 inches, it appears. I saw where Bobbi has 6-8 inches of new snow this morning; she's in the next county over from me. I really need to venture out today; maybe later. When thinking about being stranded because of snow, I always think back to this one time years ago when my sister, Robin, and I were snowed in, but just before it got too bad, we went out for supplies. Of course, this included a stop at the ABC Store [Liquor Store], and a stop for groceries. On the way back, we slid off the road into a ditch and couldn't get out. No one came by to help either. So what were we going to do? Open up that Vodka; find the orange juice and make Screwdrivers. After a few drinks, someone finally stopped to ask if we needed help. I remember laughing so hard that he finally left. Which made us laugh that much harder. . . . That was at least one lifetime ago.

Is it me, or does it seem to you that an enormous amount of people seem to be depressed this time of year? Fortunately, I don't get very down anymore. But years back, I remember calling my blues The Februarys, since they always showed up this time of the year.

The Official Keith Richards website has now been launched.

Quote Of The Day
"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind... War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."
~John F. Kennedy

Haiku for You
no way i can stop
smoking is my only vice
that and the whoring
~Anon

No computer components were harmed during the creation of this post, however, several billion electrons were abused to ensure its safe delivery.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP