Friday, January 24, 2003

I'm just returning from a short trip to South Carolina and there is still ice on the main interstates in spots. Be careful what you wish for, Susan [snow].

I saw a story about the leaflets being prepared to drop over Iraq by the US Army in Ft Brag, NC. Included is the frequency for a radio station called 'Radio Iraq' and the Iraqis are also shown the proper way to surrender. Still trying to find a link for this. [seen on cbsnews]

Wife Made Car a 'Murder Weapon,' Prosecutor Says
When a woman found her husband cheating on her, she ran him over with her Mercedes-Benz and "turned her $70,000 vehicle into a 4,000-pound murder weapon,'' prosecutors said in court Thursday. Clara Harris "hit him again and again and again,'' prosecutor Mia Magness told jurors during opening statements at Harris' murder trial. Hit him again and again, etc? Is it really an accident when you back up and run over him again and again?

January 24
Songwriter/musician Warren Zevon is 56 today. Sadly, he recently stunned the music industry when he revealed that he had inoperable lung cancer.

Flashback
Well, I pawned my Smith Corona
And I went to meet my man
He hangs out down on Alvarado Street
By the Pioneer chicken stand
~Warren Zevon, Carmelita

Quote Of The Day
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, pee in it, and serve it to the people that piss you off. [you don't expect me to be serious all the time, do you?]

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP