Saturday, January 18, 2003


This commercial, [some stations won't air it], is a remake of the famous 1964 "Daisy" ad that depicted a little girl plucking one daisy petal after another as a voice counts down to a nuclear-bomb blast. View the TV ad paid for by members' contributions at MoveOn. Also there is a petition to sign reading, "Let The Inspections Work".

Adult Video Store Offers Clergy Discount
An adult entertainment store's sign offering a "clergy discount" has drawn the wrath of its churchgoing neighbors. A double-sided sign stands outside Pure Pleasure in view of people entering and leaving Midwest Baptist Church. People driving toward the church, read: "And God said go out into the world and have great sex. God's gift to women. Amen and amen." People leaving see: "No need to mail order. Gay videos in stock. Clergy discount. Have good sex. Hallelujah!" [via: sfgate.com]

I don't know if anyone ever looks at the live skycam shot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the side bar, but I watch it all through the day when I'm online. The beautiful sunsets, and sunrises, the snow-capped mountains in the distance, piercing blue horizon with fat, fluffy, low lying clouds surrounding the peaks of Blue Ridge, knowing that just beyond is the Great Smoky Mountain range. I've seen some beautiful country in my lifetime, but my spirit soars when mountains surround me.

Flashback
But I'll live on, and I'll be strong,
Cause it just ain't my cross to bear.

Fun With Haiku
Tired of bickering
I wish you would hold your tongue
Cut off in your hand

Quote Of The Day
"Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts."
~Paramahansa Yogananda

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP