Sunday, January 19, 2003

I never got the chance to hear Ellen McIlwaine perform. She plays blues and slide guitar, and sings. Sometimes solo, sometimes not. Hb [husband] was in a band with her in the 60's, in New York where they lived together and they played in Greenwich Village along with many other famous folks just starting out. She knows everyone and travels all over the world now. She's leaving in the morning for New Zealand and Australia to play some more dates. Not a bad way to make a living, I'd say.

Great Rolling Stones concert on HBO tonight. Mick with hands on his hips, hands chopping the air, hips swaying, lips pursing; one proud peacock leading the coolness brigade. It's been much too long since this fan has seen them in person live. Nice write up on Keith in the NYTimes.

Many have seen the movie, Training Day. I passed it by several times in search of something I'd like better. My husband convinced me to give it a chance and watch it. I enjoyed it and some of the performances are still lingering in my mind. Of course, there's Denzel's and Ethan Hawke's nominated performances. But what about Macy Gray? She should give acting another go. She was simply captivating in it.

Duke lost their first game of the year Saturday to last years National Champions, Maryland. We can't win them all can we? Maryland played one hell of a game; they make take it all the way.

January 19
Janis Joplin born on this day in 1943. I never got the chance to see her live. I don't think.

Quote Of The Day
Your vision will become clear when you look into your heart.
Who looks outside, dreams.
Who looks inside awakens.
~Jung

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP