As tomorrow comes, I will again feel meaningless

Saturday, February 18, 2012

There is so much vile, putrid corporations and schemes going on coupled with the ghastly cretins in Syria and other parts of the ME that it's becoming increasingly harder for me to maintain an audacity of hope. (Obamalama satire purposely injected)

After about three deep sighs and a bucket of tears I need to find my way back to happy. I can't do much to help solve those big problems so I look around and see what I can do locally.

Something as simple as adopting a rescue kitty tonight that was sitting on death row will propel me forth in a small victory as I continue to step out in faith.

For a moment I will feel a wee bit better but as sure as tomorrow comes I will read the reeling problems of the world and again I will feel meaningless.

Drained and crumpled up in a pile, I will measure my worth against the freedom fighters that (for the past year specifically) put their blood on the line for clean water, the right to vote, for education, for dignity.

For the privilege to bury their children without being cut down in the street as they attempt to retrieve the bodies.

3 comments:

Sudeaux Lux Mon Feb 20, 10:44:00 AM EST  

I sure do get down and disturbed when I read about Syria and other people under siege. As we all should.

Lima Sat Feb 25, 10:15:00 AM EST  

By posting about this electronically you are doing more than you are perhaps thinking. People under siege have their communications cut off from the outside world, so its positive that they are infinitely grateful for any help by those who can speak out loud for them.

Sudeaux Lux Sat Feb 25, 12:35:00 PM EST  

Thanks for putting a smile on my face, Lima. :D

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP