Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Thank you Lt. Ehren Watada for standing up for international, US and military law by refusing to deploy to Iraq in support of the ongoing illegal war and occupation.

"I refuse to be silent any longer. I refuse to watch families torn apart, while the President tells us to "stay the course." ...I refuse to be party to an illegal and immoral war against people who did nothing to deserve our aggression. I wanted to be there for my fellow troops. But the best way was not to help drop artillery and cause more death and destruction. It is to help oppose this war and end it so that all soldiers can come home."
- LT, US Army officer

First U.S. military officer to publicly refuse orders in support of the illegal Iraq War at coordinated events in Tacoma, Washington and Honolulu, Hawaii on Wedensday, June 7th. Join this unprecedented political and legal support campaign today!

Thank You LT
Sign The Petition
Courage To Resist

1 comments:

nina h.pixie Thu Jun 08, 04:17:00 PM EDT  

Yeah, right on for him! I heard the interview w/him this morning on Democracy Now. Gonna post at Olla, too, spread the word. Word!

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP