Friday, March 17, 2006

Pure Unadulterated Rambling

Each year on this day I always think of when I was bartending and how it's a major day in the booze business. Lots of green stuff to drink and lots of green cash to be made.

We served green beer. The distributor for the "King of Beers" brought beer on tap to us already green. And we made up some mixed drink specials. Long Ireland Iced Tea was made green by NOT adding a splash of cola (secert to making it 'tea' colored) and adding a bit of Midori -- a green liquor. A Greentini was a regular vodka or gin martini with food coloring added.

It was great fun to work this holiday and after closing time, there were other bars to close. I was a loyal party girl. And I didn't know how to stop.

I made it through to the other side and many of you know that I am a recovering alcoholic. Even though I don't totally abstain now, I don't believe I'll ever be in that shape again where alcohol had so much control over me and I had to check in to dry out.

So I say, "Drink less and enjoy it more". Enjoy the celebration, enjoy your weekend and I'm sending love to my Irish friends.
Happy Saint Patrick's Day

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP