please accept my apologies

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

QUECHUP SCAM

Someone recently asked me to join Quechup, an online community last week and I obliged. I usually do. (that invite turned out to be spam, too)

Tonight this online outfit starts emailing everyone in my email address book. Everyone. And I certainly didn't authorize it.

So please accept my apologies for the hassling email if you happened to receive one. Or god/goddess forbid a hassling cellphone call. That's how I realized what was going on when I got an email on my cell phone from this community.

NOW I see that everyone else is having the same problem. Word to the wise: avoid it like the fucking plague. Bastards. Can you imagine some bullshit email intrusion ripping through your email addresses? All those employers, relatives, friends, corporations, newsletters, ISPs, hosts, etc. Damn.

I cannot delete and/or respond to these return emails fast enough.

5 comments:

Gordon Smith Wed Sep 05, 11:19:00 PM EDT  

Oh how I wish I'd read this post before I thought to myself, "Isn't that nice? Susan's inviting me into some cool thing."

They got me.

What to do?

Theo Wed Sep 05, 11:29:00 PM EDT  

i come here too late.

i can't believe this. both my personal and business contacts have been hit. i will never live this down professionally.

ugh.

Sudeaux Lux Thu Sep 06, 12:18:00 AM EDT  

Hi Theo and Gordon. I am so sorry about this mess. But it is good to talk with you both tonight!

Anonymous Thu Sep 06, 09:01:00 AM EDT  

*hugs* No worries. A few months ago, I got taken by them too. It's embarrassing, but I hope now that more publicity is on them, they'll shut down.

Frida Sun Sep 09, 06:07:00 PM EDT  

Oh, you got it too, huh? Grrr.

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP