Later, Sailor...

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Later, Sailor...

Is everyone back in the groove yet from the weekend? I was especially happy to have spent time with my favorite cousins and it just meant the world to me to see the two of them. We reminisced about childhood memories that usually involved tricking our parents somehow. We spoke of those family members that have passed on, the successes and trials of those still with us, and laughed mostly.

We grew up together in two houses on the same piece of property. We later moved and visited each Christmas and took trips together and we stayed at Boone Lake on our boathouse. I almost forgot about that. It seems so long ago.

That boathouse sure was some great fun. I recall when that big old monstrosity was built and thinking how tall it looked; not realizing there's a lot of it that goes under water. If I ever get the chance to buy a houseboat I just may do it and live out my days on some beautiful lake. Watauga Lake in East Tennessee is downright magical.

Do you have a dream scenario on how to live out your days? Captain Cook would like to sail around the world so we both have "boat" dreams.

Separate dreams. Separate lives.


3 comments:

Theo Tue Sep 04, 07:36:00 PM EDT  

thank you for this, dear one.

i write today of my dreams. i struggle on just how to live them...

Anonymous Tue Sep 04, 11:44:00 PM EDT  

I'd like to live in a funky old apartment on the edge of Stanley Park in Vancouver, BC with a loved one - a loved one being a best friend, lover, partner.. and a cat or 2. :)

Doc Curtis Thu Sep 06, 09:36:00 AM EDT  

Watauga Lake is downright magical! Attended Off The Grid music festival last weekend there, kayaked down the river into the lake, stared at the stars for hours.

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP