* Tickets for a stretch of shows by alt-rock band Smashing Pumpkins at The Orange Peel sold out in just five minutes last night (Monday). See detailed article on the Around Asheville website. link
* The newly wide-ish release of "For Catherine", Ethan Hunter's first truly independent film, is available today on Netflix among other places. With a budget of just 5K it was shot entirely in Asheville, NC. Well done, Ethan Hunter and 207 Pictures, and I wish much success to you. view trailer on You Tube
* "Come in, it's a beast out there." With those words, Johnny Depp swings open the door to his sleek air-conditioned trailer and offers blessed relief from the brutal California heat wave. Read the interview with Keith Richards and Johnny Depp. Couldn't you just wrap all fours around him?link
* A small film about a short-lived rock star is making a big splash at Cannes. "Control," the story of Joy Division singer Ian Curtis, who committed suicide at 23," marks the feature-film directing debut of rock photographer Anton Corbijn. link
* A feast of phalluses, a plethora of public place peckers. New book, Bus Stop Knobs, brings together the world's well, best bus stop knobs. Hastily drawn for a moment of amusement and now immortalized forever in the most talked about coffee table book released this year. link
Today's Quote: Regard your neighbour's gain as your gain, and your neighbour's loss as your own loss. --Tai Shang Kan Yin P'ien
It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com.
I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed.
Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.