Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dave LaChapelle

You may have read posts about the photographer, Dave LaChapelle, here. But I haven't been able to find anything new about him until recently on MySpace, where he keeps a journal. He's living on a farm in Hawaii and he's got The Men, War & Peace show Dec 2 in Berlin that's associated with the Helmut Newton group, which is as good as it gets so he's still at the top of his game.

Reading in his MySpace journal I see a courageous admission about him spending some time in a psyche ward and subsequently discovering he was bi-polar. For a popular photographer it could kill a career, but he doesn't care about that at all. He talks about a crushing breakup, high school, his family, his friends and more. It's been a soul searching couple of years for him and he appears to be content with the direction his life is going in.

His Vogue Homme pictures made me scream with fits of laughter. He says he got in trouble for them. I want to know if they're staged or did he just run into a Saturday night bingo game at Aunt Ruth's? What an oustanding talent. His journal is a fun read I wish for him continued success and peace.

MySpace
David LaChapelle Gallery

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP