Saturday, January 8, 2005

Sometimes I just can't get it up for some of the tsunami "victims":

"I was taking my morning swim around the island that my brother Geoffrey, a businessman, had bought on a whim a decade ago and turned into a tropical paradise 200 yards away from one of the world's most beautiful beaches."

No, wait. It gets better.

The tsunami strikes, and it was really scary for a while. People were screaming. Villagers were stunned. And then, the aftermath ...

"My brother's little island, called Tapbrobane after the ancient name for Sri Lanka, was largely intact, although a piece of our gate ended up on the seashore half a mile away ...

"We have no electricity and are cut off from the rest of Sri Lanka. It is impossible to buy food. We are existing on cold ham and turkey sandwiches, leftovers from Christmas dinner."

Christmas leftovers. The horror, the horror ...more...

saturday morning me//
espresso numero uno/strawberry-banana/
plaid flannel pj pants/chambray shirt/moccasins/
listening to: Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup/
having the house to myself when everyone's asleep/
curtains drawn/candles lit/sneaking up on a rainy day/
so how about you?/

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP