Sunday, November 23, 2003

My heartbeat quickens, my stomach churns, and my hands start shaking after all these years. I was 15 or 16 when the FBI came to question me at school one day. The principal turned over his office to us as I entered to see two intimidating suits waiting to grill me. "We've seen your bedroom 'curtains' and we'd like to talk to you about them."

Some friends and I had ripped off a truckload of flags the city used for Fourth of July parades. I had put curtain hooks in some and installed them on those pulley-type curtains you open and close. Two windows. Both visable from the street. Two Feds. Both taking a dim view of my cool curtains.

I'm reminded of this stupid stunt when I see the NYT article about the FBI collecting info on anti-war activists and others they deem suspicious. Young people, especially trouble-makers like me, were being watched closely then. I've often wondered if J Edgar Hoover's FBI started a 'file' on me as a young instigator. I'm such a Susie SquareJohn now.



Who Will Beat Bush? Play Who'll Beat Bush by how much for charity.
Your Guide To Online Anarchy - How'd I miss this site for so long?
The Daily Bleed - Very thorough calendar of eclectic events.
Listening: Soul Sessions by Joss Stone - my almost 15 year old daughter told me about this talented young bluesy singer.

This is my favorite time of day. Well, there it goes.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP