Sunday, June 29, 2003

Hope you're enjoying your Sunday.

Is there a song, probably an older song, that stops you dead in your tracks whenever you hear it? That takes you back to another place and time? The "Long And Winding Road", by the Beatles, is that song for me. We were moving that summer of 1970 from Tennessee to Asheville, NC,; about a 60 mile trip. My sister and I drove over in my VW bus behind my parents over a very steep, long, and winding road. I had just graduated from high school a few days earlier, and had left behind Billy Stanton, my boyfriend. I knew this was a turning point in my life and I cried most of the way over the mountain road thinking about leaving my childhood home behind, impending college life, and Billy.

After years of lobbying, Renee Zellweger finally gets to play Janis Joplin in Piece Of My Heart. Brittany Murphey and Melissa Etheridge had also tried for the role. Hmmmm. I'll reserve my comments until I see the film. Shooting doesn't begin until early 2004.

What if you could see screen captures of your web pages as they're going to look on any operating system platform? On any browser? Now you can, with Browser Cam. I've not tried this yet. Free trial period. [via coudal]

surf these waves
You Live Your Life As If Its Real::Serving up fine political satire. See Jun 23's Presidential Jeopardy post.
Coudal Partners:::Beauty & Design
Tagline::A Movie Weblog

Quote For Today
I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art. ~Kahlil Gibran

If you can't laugh at yourself, allow me.


0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP