Monday, August 5, 2002

My Youngest Goes Off To High School


Orientation takes place in a few hours for my daughter as she gets ready to begin high school. Her first full day will be tomorrow. She has grown up more in the last year, from age 13 to 14 than any other year besides birth to a year old. I practically have to sit on my hands to keep from smoothing her hair or picking imaginary lint from her sweater. You know how us Moms like to preen our young. Going to high school is a monumental occasion. And I recall walking out of the school when I first dropped her off at first grade. I passed two other Moms that also had tears in their eyes. Now I'm at this crossroads, or rather, she is. Am I ready for her to be this independant yet? Isn't this what we prepare our children for? To stand on their own two feet? Can I rethink the whole situation and get back to you later? She's going to be just fine, but I may need a while to adjust. Underneath it all, I'm just afraid she really doesn't need me anymore for anything and that's the scariest part of it all.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP