Sunday, August 4, 2002

found on divamaggie.com, thanks, maggie!
It's A Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog, World


The people closest to me seldom surf the internet, much less visit this site. My husband said he got "stuck" the last time he stopped in here. My sister, Robin, spends most all her online time gambling. I'm not talking out of school; she loves to gamble and anyone who knows her will tell you so. Two of my best friends since 9th grade have just gotten online. And are still getting everything set up. Being online and surfing in your free time just isn't as big a priority to the people I know and love as it evidently is to me. That's neither good nor bad. It just "is". And part of what I love about the blogging community. We understand trackback, surfing with carpal tunnel; who's on hiatus, and where the trolls are. And, of course, what's new in DayPop. We blog every spare minute we have in between articles we're working on, calls from customers, changing diapers, memos that need published and distributed, etc. In just over one year of blogging, I've met the neatest people in the world. And we speak the same language. "Blog".



Liquid Lunch


Our juicer is probably the most used item in the kitchen year round. Mostly carrot and parsley juice for lunch. My husband kept extolling the virtues of parsley, so I now add it to my carrot juice. He prefers cantelope juice. Everything that runs through the juicer is so good for you, but the best thing of all is that it's E A S Y.



Even with A/C, I still don't enjoy heating up the kitchen in the summer. Shirl is gathering recipes to try soon when she has some time off and I thought of how we cook in different seasons. Hearty soups and stews and breads in winter; fruit salads, grilled meats and veggies in summer. Mmmm. Some grilled pineapple sounds nice. And maybe some shrimp---coconut or scampi. Oh, wait. Couldn't I put those in the juicer, too?

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP