Monday, April 8, 2002

the princess i am

I must get this book, Blinded By The Right, by David Brock, for my husband and me. Brock was at the center of the right-wing dirty tricks operation of the Gingrich era and a true believer until he could no longer deny that the political force he was advancing was built on little more than lies, hate, and hypocrisy. In Blinded By the Right, Brock, who came out of the closet at the height of his conservative renown, tells his riveting story from the beginning, giving us the first insiders view of what Hillary Rodham Clinton called 'the vast right-wing conspiracy'. Whether dealing with the right-wing press, the richly endowed think tanks, Republican political operatives, or the Paula Jones' case, Brock names names from Clarence Thomas on down, uncovers hidden links, and demonstrates how the Republican Right's zeal for power created the poisonous political climate that culminated in George W. Bush's election. I saw him recently on the The Daily Show with Jon Stewart plugging the book.

Steve came home tonight with a box of truffles, a scented candle, and a card for the princess I am. Princess Awwwwww, ain't that sweet. And it's not even my birthday or anything.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP