Friday, April 12, 2002

ellinor village resort

My husband and I were discussing the 'old days' and how now everyone seems to have a new car. Back when we were growing up, the only person who had a new car on the block was the doctor who lived across the street. Now, people think nothing of taking an extra job just so they can have a new car. This conversation then took us to the time when both our families went to Ormond Beach, FL, right beside of Daytona Beach, on vacation. There's a family resort that was formerly called Ellinor Village. It's now called Ocean Village and I believe it's a residential complex now. It's acres and acres of houses, and duplexes, that have all the usual accommodations for comfortable vacation living. Located across the highway from the beach, it has pools, tennis courts, shopping village, post office, grocery, drug store. Going to Ellinor Village each summer is some of my very best memories. I remember getting stung by a jellyfish in 13 places once while in the ocean and a cute lifeguard had to apply some type of lotion to all my sting places. Daytona Beach is special since people are able to drive their cars on the beach there. Of course, the speed limit is only 10 MPH, but it's great for people watching. The first time I saw Led Zeppelin was when we went to Daytona and heard on the radio that they'd be appearing in Jacksonville. After begging our parents relentlessly, my sister and I were able to drive up to see them perform. I believe I was only 17, and Robin was 15 at the time. Our parents were usualy pretty strict, but fortunately, they also realized the importance that Led Zeppelin had in our lives.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP