Tepees Criscross The Atlantic

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

...screamed the headline @ the New York Times.

Actually, Tepees first began in the US with the American Indians. Long before the consumer-crazed yuppies started decorating their events with them. The hipsters are re-branding and claiming it while upgrading it into a fashion accoutrement. Thanks to Ralph Lauren's daughter and Kate Moss; according to the article.

I had a friend who built one in the 70s because he was talented like that and he was a true man of the woods. I also like them for outdoor festivals and for camping. It goes along with cooking over a campfire outdoors and is definitely acceptable if you're also using the bathroom (thank me now for cleaning this part up) in the woods-- compost style.

It crosses the line and makes me batshit crazy when you're buying matching pink Tepees for your daughter's Sweet Sixteen or find yourself describing one as fabulous. I would say at least have the decency to mention the American Indians instead of the latest fashion gurus when you tweet about it but I'm sure that's asking for far too much.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP