Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes


Like a crazed mix of Krishnas, von Trapps and musical merry pranksters Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes are blazing a path through the music world.

They got so much buzz midyear that I avoided them. That buzz usually translates into a softer sanitized rock like the band Phoenix, The Decemberists or the Shins and a whole shitload of others that are devoid of innovation and soul.

So...their first album came out in July 2009 and is fun and exhilarating. It's full of rich melodies and upbeat lyrics. I'm excited about them the way I got excited about Arcade Fire and Fever Ray. (They didn't propel me to "Yeasayer-excited", but hardly anyone else can do that.)

Lead singer Alex Ebert was just flat-out born to be a front man. Tall, dark, and lanky, his expressive eyes smile as he holds court for an appreciative audience with ants in his pants -- my, oh my. Alex and muse Jade Castrinos sing to each other and she warmly blends the vocals with him on some of the tunes. She's a talented, solid singer but she's a wee bit too effing happy for me. Almost like she's done some acid and can't get rid of the "grins". Do U No wuddamean? Apologies to Lee Michaels; yes, saw him, too.

MySpace | YouTube



0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP