Michael Franti in Asheville, Again

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Musician/Poet/Activist Michael Franti is appearing tomorrow night in Asheville again. He's become one of our favorite touring bands because we like his music and we like what he stands for. A year or so ago he took a few days and helped clean up our river banks and in December he helped with Habitat for Humanity. Now that kind of good will goes a long damn way.

Mountain X: Can you share a story or memorable experience from one of your shows in Asheville?

Michael Franti: Well, the first one that comes to mind was the last show, the Christmas Jam, Warren Haynes came up to me and he says, “Michael there [are] a couple folks that would like to sit in with you, are you interested?” I said, “Yeah, of course, I’m always interested.”

He said, "Mickey Raphael, who plays harmonica with Willie Nelson would like to sit in." And I was like, “Oh, yeah, of course, that’d be awesome.” And then he said, “And John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin, would you mind if he played on a song?” My mouth hit the floor and I was like, “You kidding me?” So we went backstage and we just started jamming.

More »

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP