Southeast Gas Shortage

Friday, September 26, 2008


photo credit: Jason at sweetashvegas who is always my first media stop when looking for anything about Asheville.

Oh, man, when you'ved added the local gas station to your speed dial, you know that times are getting hard. Two freaking weeks after Ike and we're still hunting for gas? My husband offered someone $10 a gallon for gas.

But it paid off. I called my neighborhood station this morning and she said, "hurry up and get down here" and I did. Good timing.

It's one thing to fill up and let it last you for a week or so if you're fortunate to live close to your usual stops. But it's another thing to fill up and have to drive long distances every day, like from state to state. grrrr

We all have it hard right now if we drive. I just had to sound off a bit.


**UPDATE: Knoxville, TN, has mixed emotions about Pilot sending gas to Asheville and more. {via}

1 comments:

Sudeaux Lux Fri Sep 26, 04:06:00 PM EDT  

The SHELL Station on Merrimon Avenue, exit off of I-240, has still been open daily with varying line sizes.

I believe the Asheville 'burbs are hit harder than the city. If you can get to the city, your chances are much greater. I got stuck in Laurel Park in Hendersonville.

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP