Sunday, October 21, 2007

Rock God and Country Elite?

"Raising Sand," a duet album by Alison Krauss and Robert Plant, is a collection of mostly sad songs.

The album is really a three-way collaboration by an improbable alliance: Mr. Plant, forever known as the lead singer of Led Zeppelin; Ms. Krauss, whose clear voice and deft fiddle style hail from Appalachia; and the producer and guitarist T Bone Burnett, the Texan who is best known for concocting haunted, pensively anachronistic Americana. The album is due October 23rd.

I've heard about this collaboration for awhile, but I still find it hard to wrap my head around it. Such an odd combination, but it's done regularly in the music business and now I can't wait to hear it. Living in Appalachia most of my life I know that Alison Krauss is one flatout singing goddess and one of the most respected talents around. A real singer's singer and as I said in the title, she's country elite. What do you think?

Gone, Gone, Gone mp3

By: Jon Pareles | Photo: Christopher Berkey for The New York Times

4 comments:

Julie Wed Oct 24, 01:02:00 AM EDT  

Saw a YouTube interview with the two of them a little while ago, talking about this album. Poor Robert's not looking so sexgodish anymore.

Deb @ Sugarfused Fri Oct 26, 07:34:00 PM EDT  

I've been looking forward to this one since I first heard about it. We saw Alison Krauss and Union Station at the Sommet Center in Nashville in August. She's amazing. I think Mr. Plant is a very lucky man ;~)

Anonymous Sun Oct 28, 12:50:00 AM EDT  

I love them both. "Please read the letter," is the song that has me hooked!

Sudeaux Lux Sun Oct 28, 11:44:00 AM EDT  

Oh, Julie. Robert is still very much "sponge-worthy" as the saying goes. heh heh

Deb: Cool. You've seen her very recently then. Such a powerful voice. A real class act.

Michelle: "Please Read The Letter" is probably my favorite one, too.

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP