Assholes of the Week

Monday, September 3, 2007

4:00 PM, 9/3/07
***Regarding the post below, Paul Krassner has apologized to Wes Clark for misrepresenting him.***

"Thanks to Comments on my Assholes of the Week #7 blog, I now add myself to one of them because I criticized General Clark for his silence about Pentagon plans to invade six other countries after Iraq, when in fact he did indeed speak out repeatedly."
link

Thanks, Paul, for admitting when you've made a mistake.



Paul Krassner's Assholes of the Week

General Wesley Clark, for waiting until recently to reveal to Amy Goodman on "Democracy Now" the following: "About ten days after 9/11, I went through the Pentagon and I saw Secretary Rumsfeld and Deputy Secretary Wolfowitz. I went downstairs just to say hello to some of the people on the Joint Staff who used to work for me, and one of the generals called me in. He said, 'Sir, you've got to come in and talk to me a second.' I said, 'Well, you're too busy.' He said, 'No, no.' He says, 'We've made the decision we're going to war with Iraq.' This was on or about the 20th of September. I said, 'We're going to war with Iraq? Why?' He said, 'I don't know.' He said, 'I guess they don't know what else to do.' So I said, 'Well, did they find some information connecting Saddam to al Qaeda?' He said, 'No, no.' He says, 'There's nothing new that way. They just made the decision to go to war with Iraq.' He said, 'I guess it's like we don't know what to do about terrorists, but we've got a good military and we can take down governments.' And he said,
"I guess if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem has to look like a nail."
Un-fucking-believable

[Read more »]

3 comments:

Unknown Mon Sep 03, 03:51:00 PM EDT  

Paul Krassner has apologized to Wes Clark for misrepresenting him.

"Thanks to Comments on my Assholes of the Week #7 blog, I now add myself to one of them because I criticized General Clark for his silence about Pentagon plans to invade six other countries after Iraq, when in fact he did indeed speak out repeatedly."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-krassner/apology-to-wesley-clark_b_62499.html

And so should you.

Sudeaux Lux Mon Sep 03, 04:02:00 PM EDT  

Thanks for the heads up but try to have the decency next time to include your identity when you tell other people what to do.

Julie Wed Sep 05, 02:32:00 AM EDT  

Perhaps looking for a different tool would have been a better option. Like a Scrabble board or something.

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP