The acidic cusp of 66 and 67

Friday, July 6, 2007

More blogging from the legendary Pete Townshend. So glad he's putting it all down.


The acidic cusp of 66 and 67 - and not a step further.

from Pete Townshend

"On January 6th 1967, I missed one of the only Who shows of my career through drug abuse, when I took my third acid trip - then realized I could not possibly drive to Morecambe where we had a show - 300 miles away - and instead went to see the first Pink Floyd show at the UFO Club. They didn't go on until after midnight. Syd Barrett was wonderful in those days, and so were the rest of them. I immediately fell in love with the band, and the Club itself, and especially John Hopkins ('Hoppy' as he was known) who ran the Club and worked the door. It was there I first met the illustrator Mike McInnerny and his wife Kate who were later to become such a big force in my life. Mike used to hang about on the stairs doing the most beautiful sketches for the window of yet another proposed King's Road psychedelic clothes shop, The Flying Dragon. I went the following night as well, Pink Floyd appeared again. This time I didn't use acid and I think I took Eric Clapton especially to see Syd who walked on stage - off his head on acid - played a single chord and made it last about an hour..."

[More...]

1 comments:

Julie Sun Jul 08, 08:06:00 PM EDT  

Yet another great link Susan. :)

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP