Rainbow Serpent Festival

Sunday, June 3, 2007


Over The Rainbow by Rak Razam

"I'm here with my friends Matty from Byron and Kaptain Khaos from Paris and a slew of aging dancers that have come out of retirement to celebrate the 10th anniversary Rainbow Serpent Festival, a four day celebration of "soul and technology", according to the organizers. Here in Australia the outdoor party scene has been flourishing for over a decade at bush 'doofs' (named after the bass beat of the electronic music), where 'doofers' revel in Trance music, community and enhanced states of mind. "Since the first gathering in 1998, Rainbow has become a popular annual get-together for thousands of like minded people," says Frank Venuto, one of the festival's founders. Rainbow Serpent is a landmark of the Global Trance music calendar, where semi-retired doofers like myself mix it up with the young turks of the dancefloor and the old hippies that can still shake it."

Nice piece features the 4 day account in Australia with photos.

link

1 comments:

Julie Sun Jun 03, 09:50:00 PM EDT  

Like wow man, far out.
There are so many festivals here - you could practically spend the year just going from one to the next to the next. Some, like The Big Day Out, are one day events. Others, like Confest, go for a week or two. I used to do the BDO every year but either I got too old or the music got too young - haven't been for the last 2 or 3 now. Been to Confest twice. That's more a holistic festival - music, conservation, art, the whole works. These days I just do the Blues fests at Byron Bay and Queenscliff.

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP