Sermon on Exposition Boulevard

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sermon on Exposition Boulevard
by Rickie Lee Jones

She blazed outta the gate in the early 70s and throughout the years has maintained the ability to turn out memorable melodies that enhance lyrics so pure that they could stand on their own. This newest cd, Sermon On Exposition Boulevard, is smart and passionate and as good as anything she's ever done.

For over 30 years I've followed the music of Rickie Lee Jones who was such an inspiration to me when I was learning to play the guitar and put songs together. She'd probably say that she's a singer-songwriter with one dimension equally important as the other. She's a songwriter's songwriter and if you really like her music, you'll probably like every song she does. Not just a couple of songs on each album. She's just that good.

Intuitive post: A post that may no longer be as topical but nags at you to set it free anyway.

1 comments:

? Sun May 27, 09:49:00 AM EDT  

Wow, I don't believe it but stumbled upon this page by chance.
It reads great and I cant wait to return and explore further.
Hope to see you around.
Have a great day!

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP