ARTIST EATS A CORGI

Thursday, May 31, 2007



ARTIST EATS A CORGI

In an extraordinary art event artist and animal rights activist Mark McGowan ate a Corgi dog live on the Radio on Tuesday 29th May 2007, in a protest against the Royals and their treatment of animals. The dog died at a Corgi breeding farm in Southern England and was prepared and cooked for McGowan's consumption on the Bob and Roberta Smith radio programme on 104.4 Resonance FM. McGowan says,

'I know some people will find this offensive and tasteless but i did this to raise awarness about the RSPCA's inability to prosecute Prince Phillip and his friends shooting a fox earlier this year, letting it struggle for life for 5 minutes and then beating it to death with a stick.'


All together now... EWWWW

Mark McGowan | Via | You Tube


5 comments:

Julie Thu May 31, 07:19:00 PM EDT  

Big eww. I'm not going to watch this - there are better ways of making a protest I think. This is more likely to turn people off rather than increase support.

Deb @ Sugarfused Sat Jun 02, 08:53:00 AM EDT  

My god that is sick!

Mitch Sat Jun 02, 10:33:00 AM EDT  

I'm not sure which is more disgusting, Prince Phillip's barbarian actions or the guy eating the dog. There are a lot more effective ways of making a statement I think.

Anonymous Sat Jun 02, 12:04:00 PM EDT  

The mainstream public already has a notion that Animal Activists are a bunch of nutballs.

This does NOTHING to help our cause. It only adds a few more almonds to the ball.

Blah.

Sudeaux Lux Sat Jun 02, 12:49:00 PM EDT  

Great points, everyone. I'm all for protesting something I feel strongly about, but this goes too far.

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP