All India Radio

Thursday, January 25, 2007

ALL INDIA RADIO

I've recently discovered All India Radio, an Australian group, and I'm really enjoying their sound. If Boards Of Canada were from India, they'd be All India Radio. Well, almost. I should quote some reviews so you can get a better idea of what they sound like.
"Sigur Ros without the vocals meets Brian Eno and Transglobal Underground. Lo-fi & ambient soundscapes & eerie ethnic street sounds." - The Age Newspaper

And, DJ Shadow meets Boards Of Canada, ambient soundscapes and lo-fi beats with some Twin Peaks & Ennio Morricone weirdness thrown in for good measure. "This is some good shit. Ladies and gentlemen, we are floating in our imaginations" - Beat Magazine.

"A.I.R. takes you on a dreamlike journey-not unlike what one could imagine the results would be if K&D, Alan Parsons and Calexico were to hang in a studio for a week. Top notch" - Groove Palace Radio
I picked out some songs from their 002, Permanent Evolutions, and Echo Other CDs and bought them at iTunes after sampling them on CDBaby.com. Maybe it's something you might also enjoy.

link

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP