Monday, March 20, 2006

We barged into Iraq with bombs a-blazing; democracy exploding all over the place. It's 3 years gone and now the "My Lai phase" of the Iraq war has begun. It doesn't matter that the majority of us want the war to be over. It's not enough to feel ashamed and helpless. Like so many do.

I am amazed at how people are so alike all over the world. Or it could be my perception that's different. There was a time long ago when I saw or met someone and mentally counted the differences between us. Now I tick off all the ways we're the same.

It hit me 3 years ago this week when we began bombing Iraq. With all the cultural differences, I saw that the good people of Iraq want exactly what we here in the US want out of life. They want what's best for their children. Just like we all do.

They want good health. And an education. They also want to worship in the way they are accustomed, earn a decent wage, feed and clothe everyone and make a nice home for their family to grow old in together. And they also want to live in Peace. Just like we all do.

Link - Warning: Graphic Pictures

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP