Saturday, March 19, 2005

Cry & Cheer & Canada Bound & Rally

* A registered sex offender with an extensive criminal history has confessed to kidnapping and killing 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford, who disappeared from her bedroom more than three weeks ago.

I sure wish I knew what the answer is to deal with the ever growing legions of child abusers and offenders. So many things going on in the world, but I keep coming back to this tragic story. I'm moved to check the NC Sex Register Offender site once again. Evidentally others have the same idea and the site was busy for some time before I could get in. What can you do but continue to be weepy, feel helpless and keep your children close?

* March Madness - Duke looked good tonight. They always give you a potential heart-stopping beginning and then get down to business and find a way to win. Usually. Bucknell is feeling mighty this evening. Georgia Tech, MSU also winning moments ago. Alabama's loss and Pittsburgh's loss did me in and Kansas was one of my FF. So, who burst your bracket?

* Peace-Out
You can get out of the military as a conscientious objector, even if you enlisted.

* Soldiers' families to hold anti-war rally at Ft. Bragg - In Fayetteville, NC, home of Ft. Bragg, military families and veterans have been central to organizing what promises to be an extraordinary mobilization. If you live in driving distance from Fayetteville, we urge you to join this powerful event (visit http://www.ncpeacejustice.org for more details). Fayetteville beefs up security for peace rally.

Today's Quote
All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become.
- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP