Thursday, April 8, 2004


{Music & The Maharishi}

I heard Beck's Bolero this morning and began wondering...WEHT Jeff Beck? He was a Guitar God when I was younger. Each release was anticipated with extreme excitement and repetitive playing until the grooves wore down on the lp or the 8-track tape unfurled.

He still turns out great music; most recently Jeff in Aug 2003 and he won his 4th grammy in February for Plan B.

:: Robin Sylar - The Texas axe-man's blues cred is impeccable: says Ken Shimamoto. Sylar has played with Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Doyle Bramhall. Say no more. Where can I get a listen?

:: Local guitar wizard and Asheville native, Warren Haynes, is the Dave Grohl of southern rock; a busy guy. He's currently in Government Mule, also plays lead for the Allman Brothers, and is playing with the Dead tour this summer. He's mighty damn good and just the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet and stops by every now and then to play the local music rooms with his friends.

:: Shit, Somebody Stole My Crack! - Misguided idiot reports crack cocaine theft to officers. [link]

:: Psychedelic Furs in Asheville Monday.

:: "Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen..." They sure have, Bob. We placed you so high on a pedestal, it's hard not to falter from time to time. But I got over my initial shock to your electric guitar and I got over the John Wesley Harding album and eventually accepted it. And I'll get over the Victoria's Secret gig, too.

:: Some words of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s that have made a deep impression on my brain are, "The world is as you are." Like many things I’ve heard Maharishi say, these words seem to come back to me often. via...beneath buddha's eyes

Democrats must be sexy. Who ever heard of a great piece of elephant?


0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP