Monday, April 26, 2004

:: Hundreds of thousands of people filled the Mall and marched along Pennsylvania Avenue yesterday to show their support for abortion rights, loudly identifying President Bush as the leading enemy of "reproductive freedom." They sure did look good and C-SPAN2 carried it live.

:: More about the Rolling Stones film of their drug bust in 1967: The movie will be titled A Butterfly on a Wheel, and is to be filmed next year by HBO. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were given prison sentences for possessing drugs, but were later dropped after much public outcry. It became a dividing line between the establishment and everyone else. The roles of Jagger, Richards and Jagger's then-girlfriend, Marianne Faithfull, will be cast next year. I do hope the parts go to actual British actors. [link]

:: 101 Insights - Scroll down the page, ask a question and pick a card for some, uh, insight.

:: This week Asheville had an infamous hate-monger and his entourage in town protesting The Laramie Project, the Matthew Sheppard play at a local university. Jay, from bird on the moon, delivered a speech yesterday at the counter-protest rally in support of Gay Pride.

"I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I've been changed several times since then" - in Wonderland

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP