Saturday, February 28, 2004

The Serious, The Silly & SMM

It's Not Nice To Fuck With Mother Nature
60 out of 60 nonpartisan, internationally respected scientists agree: The raping of the planet by Bush and Friends must end.

In fact, the report, which was slipped to the press earlier this month after being kept under wraps by the White House for four months was authored by the U.S. Department of Defense.

According to the Pentagon study, the question is not if abrupt climate change will happen, but when. It could be, according to the report's authors, as soon as the next three years, with the most devastating fallout potentially occurring between 2010 and 2020.

At that point, we could find ourselves in the midst of a new ice age in which mega-droughts devastate the world's food supply, drinkable water becomes a luxury worth going nuclear over, 400 million people are forced to migrate from uninhabitable areas, and riots and wars for survival become commonplace.

I believe that would qualify as a Red Alert in Tom Ridge's color-coded book.
[via: Ariana Huffington]

This is a president, after all, who truly believes he is doing God's will by turning this country into the most lawless, internationally loathed aggressor on the planet, something I'm sure is very reassuring to those countless thousands of dead Iraqi civilians and hundreds of dead Americans and others.


don't ask me why i have lollipops on my head
This avatar-making site is fun to explore. I'm sure you can be much more creative than I. If you make an avatar, leave me a link so I can see what you came up with. Bsti @ Chapel-Perilous started all this. (He's got many avatars posted at his site.) via: Chasmyn

saturday morning me//
the morning calls for espresso/
3 ding-dongs & a ho-ho/no, not really/
just being silly/ate fusilli & had a boy named willy/
warm black sweats/driving moccs/black hat/
covering messy dirty blonde dreads/
listening: malcolm holcombe sing/
watching: squirrels in the side yard/
hey, how about you?/

Today is the last day of some of your life.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP