Saturday, January 17, 2004

Good Saturday morning to you.

"Bless your heart," Democratic hopeful and North Carolina Senator John Edwards said to a Iowan voter while clasping her hand warmly. She'd just told him she's switching her vote from Howard Dean to Edwards. "Bless Your Heart" is a tried and true Southern expression which can mean anything from "Thank you from the bottom of my heart", "That's very kind of you", or "Well, I'll be damned". A form of sympathy, empathy, or a thank you, and usually preceded by "Well.." and "Why...". It's doled out in small increments; saved for those special thanks or expressions of appreciation or love.

As my Senator, I've watched John Edwards in a "Tortoise and the Hare" tale or fear the turtle as he inches up in the polls from John Who? to a very respectable 4th place. Bill Clinton only got 4% of the Iowa caucus vote, so it's still very hopeful for all the Democratic nominees at this stage of the game. And Bless his heart, even for Senator John Edwards.

Happy Birthday, Laurie!
Laurie is celebrating her birthday again today. (It really is her birthday today. I thought it was yesterday and started celebrating it early.)

saturday morning me//
long burgundy faux velvet robe/
oatmeal/apple juice/cuppa java #2/
ashes falling on the keyboard/
hair: curls 'r' us/
listening: gavin degraw/
so how's about you?/

Would you like lies with that?

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP