Saturday, October 25, 2003

Mass March On Washington, DC today at 11:00.
135 cities bringing buses to DC. Joint action in San Francisco. Bring the troops home now - End the occupation of Iraq - Money for jobs, education & healthcare - Not war. When I first demonstrated against Vietnam in 1969, it was mostly a sea of us hippies and radicals. I was maced and spit on. A year or two later, people started listening and I found some of my professors and other square johns were also attending the rallys. Fast forward a few years and a few incidents later, and everyone was pissed about Vietnam. And the war was finally over. I see the same thing, same progression, happening here. First I was an idiot to question going to war in Iraq, much less protesting it. Now, more people feel the same way. Soon, I hope, it'll be over. Ok. Somebody help me off the back of this flatbed truck. Soapboxes are for wusses.

In honor of the Nov. 4 release of Robert Plant's Sixty Six to Timbuktu two-CD solo compilation, VH1 Classic will air a Plant special Nov 1 and 4.

Chip Music - post-karaoke, rock-and-roll Game Boy, bastard blues. [Ollapodrida via Wired]

Targeting Diebold With Electronic Civil Disobedience
[Why-War provides all updated links]
Students from three more American Universities have joined the civil disobedience: MIT, USC, and Purdue. Unfortunately, as we reported yesterday, Swarthmore College is now actively engaging in the suppression of this information by summarily disconnecting any Swarthmore student who provides a link to this page [why-war.com].

Former President Bill Clinton announced Thursday that his foundation and four pharmaceutical companies have reached an agreement to reduce the cost of HIV/AIDS drugs by at least 45 percent in about a dozen Caribbean nations and four African countries. I like that he's still globally involved in humanitarian deeds.

saturday morning me//
hazelnut coffee#2/cig#1/guilt trip #7387105494304/
long maroon dress/black shawl/leg warmers/ballet flats/
hair: styles d' egg-beater/fragrance: eau de dog slobber/
lis'ning: all my trials-by joan baez/
so how about you?/

What is this fresh hell?

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP