Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Enjoy your day. Damnit.

::ArtCar Fest The West Coast's Largest Gathering of Art Cars! Thursday, September 25 -- Sunday, September 28, 2003. Most of you understand my fondness for Art vehicles that begin with my old 1962 VW van in 1970. It was navy and I painted the moon and stars on one side; and a huge sun on the two side doors. It sounds so trite now, but no one had ever seen anything like it in Smalltown, USA, where I grew up. And very few had seen anyone like me when I stepped out of it with my enormous Robert Plant-like long, curly, bushy hair, and jewelry and leather dripping off me in my embroidered jeans or gypsy skirts. Everyone stopped and stared everywhere I went. In college, Suzy Creamcheese had a VW bug that was painted like a fish with fins attached. We both happened to be Art Majors, so it seems like a painted vehicle certainly reflects your lifestyle, too.

::Comments are back hopefully to stay. We've been without them for what, 10 days?

::Once upon a time I had Earthlink and it was still on my hard drive. Yesterday I removed it. It also removed my IE FAVORITES I've had saved for 3 years and 10 months. Close to 500 files. Gone, and already deleted from the recycle bin. Now I have to rebuild it. Yahoo has many of them and so does Opera where I'd exported from IE, but it's still a huge do-over. Don't you hate it when you do something stupid like that?

Fun Links du Jour
Can you stare down Sally?
And Another site where you choose a picture to write your own caption.
[both via: presurfer]

Quote For Wednesday
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds. ~Bob Marley

If you can't laugh at yourself, allow me.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP