Wednesday, August 6, 2003

Good morning to you...

::You remember how much I bitch about my sadu? (that's slow ass dial-up to the uninitiated) Since moving, my surfing speed is twice or more what it used to be. Yes, it's a good thing. I haven't had much spare time lately, and I hope to get back to my usual blog-visiting soon.

::Episcopal Gay Bishop wins approval. Another good thing.

::Edited to add: 1:41pm - As an Episcopalian, the confirmation of Gene Robinson, priest of New Hampshire, and now Bishop-elect, I'm following this news closely. Also reading any weblogs on this matter. What I've read so far is very complimentary and tactful. It's such a delicate matter when we discuss religion in real life, and online; and I'm happy to see that bloggers I've read are taking the high road. I have a more detailed post on the matter on my Susan*Jayne site.

::Much of the nation has had hellacious storms lately. The cars looked like boats floating down one of our main roads yesterday. Afternoon showers are predicted for the next 4 days. Not a good thing.

::Email Flash Mobs meeting up around the country. Dallas had one recently. Another good thing, until they begin attaching causes to them, which I think is inevitable.

::Quote For Today
In separateness lies the world's great misery; in compassion lies the world's true strength. ~Buddha

School's in. Drive carefully. School's out. Drive carefully. When do we get to be reckless out there?

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP