Friday, August 1, 2003

Friday, already? But I haven't gotten enough done yet to call it a week. It's Aloha Friday, too.

I was talking to a writer-teacher neighbor yesterday and we were talking about whoever it was that said, "There's a book in everyone." I'll go that one further with this eye-opener I saw later on a weblog. (the word "blog" just doesn't roll off the tongue, does it? Sounds like it rolls from some place else.) "Stop hiding your personality with a list of links." Youch. I'm working on it.

Stupd Penis Tricks is a fun link---this particular page has cartoons penis-es, penii?. What IS the plural of penis, teacher? Dicks?

First Annual SF Flip Off, Wednesday. We sit in a circle and flip each other off with both hands, and eyes closed. There's many pending FlashMob, SmartMobs, scheduled here. {Dallas, Toronto, Philly, Orange County, & more} I suppose it's legit. You can sign up and when one comes to your metro area, you'll be notified.

Justin Timberlake may not be a Stones' fan crowd pleaser, but to pelt him with water bottles was in very poor taste. I watched a clip of him live that evening and I thought he looked like he'd been crying. I don't care for his music, and would have taken that opportunity to find a port-a-potty, or grab some of that bbq. Although I did boo an act once when I was about 18. I went to see the Allman Brothers (Southern Rock) and Billy Joe Royal (Pop) opened the show, so he caught the our collective "hurry up and get yo ass off stage so we can see the Allman Brothers" wrath. Now that I'm almost a grownup, I see how idiotic it was to do that.

Jeff Beck has an album releasing on August 5. I think of Beck's Bolero whenever I see his name. Still have that album in safe-keeping, I hope. Or is that one of yours, Robin?

Meg's making sure the color names work in all browsers and has kindly made a color chart for easy use. Thanks, M, for all your help and hard work.

A PINK BOX


Quote For Today
Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does. ~Epictetus

My thoughts are so terrible, they make Jesus want to drink gin straight from the cat dish.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP