Saturday, July 26, 2003

Saturday...Good Morning.

Mick Jagger Turns 60 Today!

He'll be onstage in Prague tonight. The location of the party hasn't been disclosed and reports say it will be at the British Embassy, the BBC said. Former Czech President Vaclav Havel is among the guests invited. Jagger was born in Dartford, east of London, on July 26, 1943. He received a knighthood last year.

International Story Rumors of Paul McCartney and Christina Aguilera appearing with the Stones at their SARS benefit Toronto concert Wednesday, July 30. With 3,500 porta-potties already ordered, Downsview Park must be huge.

Local Story A robber with a conscience made a deposit into the drop-off box at the Blockbuster Video on Smoky Park Highway worthy of a Hollywood ending. Wednesday morning in the bin, usually home to movies collecting overdue fees, employees found cash, checks, coins and a note. "I'm sorry I robbed this store and I'm sorry for what I put the two employees through that were working that night," the unknown thief wrote. "I made a mistake so I returned all the money." What's making headlines in your community today?

Regional Story Another old fart mistakenly hit the gas pedal and plowed into the Farmer's Mkt injuring 6 people yesterday. Is a conspiracy taking place at Farmer's Markets now? Who are these fuckwits that mistake their gas pedal for the brakes? I don't think I've ever done that. Not straight, anyway. But if I did, would it take me a whole two minutes or so to realize what I was doing, or would I realize what I'd done after a fraction of a second? To mistakenly stomp on the gas for two whole minutes would give me enough time to balance my checkbook, make a grocery list, apply my makeup, and time left over to realize "Oops, wrong pedal."

WWW Story Blogathon 2003 Today. Better go offer some support as time permits today to Ailina, Witchy, Rickie Beth.....I know I'm forgetting someone else. Leave a comment so I can make the time to drop by.

Quote For Today
It is all right letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back.
~Mick Jagger

saturday morning me//
cig #3/visine/internet/barefootin'/
hot coffee/hot 'lanta/hot damn!/
olive cargo pants/black tank/
slept-in braid/looks like I just got laid/
listening: "shattered", the stones/
still got it made/how about you?/

Look on the bright side. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here looking through your stuff.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP