Monday, July 28, 2003

It's Monday....slap on that plastic grin and fake it today.

At the Drum Circle Saturday night, Skye (my daughter) and her friend, Jess, went inside the circle to dance as the drums were being played. She also played someone's drum and was very good. In fact, when she was through, the guru drummer dude bent over with his hands prayer-like and said to her, "My child, you can have it. It's yours." And gave her his handmade drum. She's still floating on air. {this is a pic I found of some folks in Canada online; the Drum Circle we have each night in the summer is huge.}

A steady stream of festival-goers filed through the Jimi Hendrix Traveling Museum to get a taste of the late guitarist's legendary career. This and the drum circle plus other events were part of Asheville's (NC) Bele Chere festival, held annually and billed as the 'Largest Free Outdoor Street Festival in the Southeast'.

Marlys is celebrating a birthday today.
Happy Birthday, Marlys!

Stones to arrive in Toronto this evening. Sound check on Tuesday; concert Wednesday.

blog finds the detox left me jonesing for more. And Driving With Dawn is also a great ride.

Philosophy has a new shower gel line called 'Sweet Shop'. I ordered the Key Lime.

Quote For Today
As human beings, we share what is real. Joy, sorrow, care, courage, and tenderness are real. Tears are real, and so is laughter. These are the currency of the heart. They are meant to be exchanged. ~Unknown

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full. I say, are you going to drink that damn thing or not?

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP