Monday, January 27, 2003

Shirl was talking about old tv shows, [Sky King, Captain Kangaroo, Roy & Dale, The Lone Ranger, Mickey Mouse Club, Lassie, Howdy Doody], the other day.

'Captain Kangaroo' [1955-1985]
The Captain's theme song really brings the memories rushing back. I remember this show with great fondness. If kids had to watch it today, they'd swear they'd died and had a front row seat in hell. This large, old man with weird hair and bushy sideburns, and an overgrown coat isn't exactly styling. 'Mr Green Jeans' told corny ass jokes, and 'Bunny Rabbit' always running a riff on the Captain to get his carrots. There was Dancing Bear, and Mr Moose. And 'Grandfather Clock'? I think I miss you most of all.

Do you think the closer we get to war, the more I regress into nostalgia land? Maggie and Alex saw the Captain, so that answered my mental question about viewing it in Canada. My son enjoyed watched Sesame Street and the Electric Company---remember that show? I don't think he was ever into Mr Rogers.

Haiku For You
It has been a year
The pain's as fresh as ever
Your severed head's not

[via: haikooties.com]

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP