Sunday, January 12, 2003

»Women United Against War. Code Pink. This group of concerned women cannot morally consent to war while paths of peace and negotiation have not been pursued to their fullest. We call on women around the world to rise up and oppose the war in Iraq. We call on mothers, grandmothers, sisters and daughters, on workers, students, teachers, healers, artists, writers, singers, poets, and every ordinary outraged woman willing to be outrageous for peace. If you feel this may interest you, please take a look around.

»I had quoted a rumor I'd read about the possibility of George Michael singing with Queen. I have read two different stories this weekend denying that rumor. NO QUEEN RE-UNION PLANS: It seems to be an annual event - rumours of Queen re-uniting with one singer or another. More often than not, it's George Michael attached to the rumour. To get to the bottom of this quickly, I e-mailed Queen guitarist Brian May. Straight from the horses mouth, Brian says: "There's no truth in this rumour whatsoever."

»Have you ever wanted to tell the world how cool [or uncool] your teachers are? For high school or college teachers. Here's your chance to do so.

»I got a link from a friend called the Amazing, Talking Robot Named Pedro that you can chat intelligibly with. Strange, but fun way to waste away some time. Try to beat him at his game.

»I saw this link to Stickman Murder Mysteries at Rickie's site. Looks like fun games there.

»Help, my blogroll is bursting at the seams. But there are so many very good weblogs now, aren't there?

»Useless Fact Of The Day
Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left handed people do.

»Quote of the Day
Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say.
~Anon

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP