Sunday, September 29, 2002



Robyn salutes Bush as he does the 'hook 'em horns' sign.


A Momentum Building?

I've noticed people publically speaking out against the potential war in Iraq. Until very recently, the Democratic silence was deafening. Until, the president-elect, Al Gore, spoke out on Bush's preemptive war doctrine. The wheels are in motion, people. Then Daschel found his cajones on the Senate floor, dusted them off, and barked at Bush a little, too. On deck was Ted Kennedy, voicing his opposition. Robert Byrd came before him, but I'm not sure I understood his rant. We've had more folks display their idea of letting war be the last choice instead of the first choice. No war is the best choice, but if we can move Bush away from having it at the top of his agenda, it's a start. London had a massive march this weekend as hundreds of thousands spoke out and marched in the streets. DC is speaking out against the war as part of the demonstration against the IMF/World Bank. There seems to be momentum building. I like it. I recall a time when it wasn't popular to be against the Vietnam war, but I still marched and protested against it. Every chance I got. Years later, most everyone agrees it was wrong for us to have been there.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP