Friday, September 27, 2002

I Remember..., Or What I Did Today When My Power Was Out

My guitar has a mind of its own when I pick it up. It recalls songs my mind has long forgotten. "Don't Think Twice" was half way done when I remembered I learned it at age 14 to impress Bobby Goddard, who was then a senior. He had shown me the three basic chords needed to play most Dylan tunes many moons ago.


"Today" from Surrealistic Pillow, by Jefferson Airplane made a rare appearance. It took me back to a Vermont summer where I first learned that song. Am I subconsciously going back to my teens when I first started playing and singing? Then some Stones, "Lady Jane" and "Anybody Seen My Baby".



My husband came in to join me. We picked out some blues with a silly made up version of "Stormy Monday". While I had him in that frame of mind, I started singing, "It's My Own Fault, Baby", knowing he'd join in. I then sat back while he took over. It was my subtle way of asking him to sing and play. I remembered the songs he used to play on stage before we even met. And how I fell in love with his singing and playing and started asking around about him. I remember the first time he spoke to me. He finally walks over to me one day, looks me square in the eyes and says, "Can I get a Heineken?" I was the bartender. He was the main attraction.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP