Thursday, August 8, 2002

Site Changes


I've been playing around and trying new things on my site here. I added the "Tag-Board" for convenience and for anyone who just wants to pop in and say a quick hello. The "SkyCam" is a wonderful live cam view of the Blue Ridge Mountains; pitchblack at night, though. Try to catch it at sunrise or sundown if you can. People come from miles around to visit our lovely mountains, especially in the autumn season when the leaves are in technicolor display. The "Guest Map" was an easy addition I thought I'd try out. Add a virtual push pin to the map to indicate your location when you get the chance. "Time Wasters" are just what it states. They're some of silly sites I've run across over the years that don't offend too much. And talking with a visitor the other day prodded me to scan my "Old Concert Tics"; well, those I've managed to hold onto over the years. Wish I had the old concert poster my sister and I ripped off at a Led Zeppelin concert around 1971. I believe she ended up with custody of that. So that's about it for the changes of late.

By the way, anyone with Blogchalking on their site, know why the little gif's not showing up? I clicked on it and their site shows me an empty page.


And for any of my tech savvy friends out there: Some friends just got their pc set up and they have an early version of AOL. Which means they probaly have IE 4. They cannot see any postings on my site here at all, just a few gifs on a plain background is all that shows up. Any clues as to what's preventing them from seeing everything on this site? I got this template from Blogskins, and I don't believe it has CSS. That may explain it if my site has CSS, but I don't think it does. I'm not very smart in the web site building department. If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP