Saturday, March 30, 2002

Hubby's memory is getting bad---had to re-tell the story of my VW van to him again today. I saw it on a car lot for $200, I believe. This was 1969. It was a 1963 model, with a 1967 motor in it, so my sweet Father bought it for me. The dealer had painted it a navy blue, so that was pretty cool. As an Art major at ETSU, I just had to tweak it somewhat. Where both doors opened, I pained a huge sun with the rays going out all over the place; and the other side had a moon and stars. In Smalltown, USA, it got noticed a lot back then. And so did I, with my Robert Plant hair, and long, flowing, gypsy skirts. Twelve-string by my side. It was actually safe to hitchhike back then. [that's another post] Freaks were roadside all over the place, and I picked up anyone who looked fun. There was a trust factor---if you were under 30. I took the van to the dorm with me. Arfus Apple and Suzi Creamcheese had a VW bug plastered with paintings of fish and were also Art majors. As rivers rush to the sea, we combined our love of music, art, and getting high. All of us former outcasts from high school were kindrid spirits in college. Daphne Wigall was my roomie. I remember Colleen, Denise Stovall, Kathy Motley, and Elizabeth. It was probably the most beautiful time of my life.

0 comments:

THE WEBSITE NAME

THE WEBSITE NAME
The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror VIII

ABOUT EBC

It wasn't long after 9/11, September 11, 2001, that I began this website. I felt compelled to connect with other people around the globe. I had recently heard about "weblogs" or "blogs" and I dove right into Blogger.com. I searched for others to connect with online and I found Ageless. It led to meeting many great friends to discuss events of the day. From then on it snowballed. Most importantly we offered one another support and friendship across the globe; finding that we were just a few keystrokes away.

ASHEVILLE WLOS LIVECAM

    Blue Ridge Mtns-click for larger view

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP